We must give positive inputs to our mind to stimulate positive thoughts and filter out the negative ones.
Ads by Google
· Feeling grateful can actually change our lives.
· Let us be grateful to the ‘God of Our Understanding’ for his /her blessings. Remember that God is always benevolent and is our best ‘Friend’. We have to do our deed and leave the rest to God, rather than constantly trying to force the results.
· The change in our perspective will enable us to view our whole life differently.
· It will enable us to become joyful, more determined and enthusiastic.
· Feeling grateful can actually make us healthier and shall lead us towards a ‘Higher Quality of Life’.
· We shall not feel depressed or anxious.
· We should be grateful to our parents, life partner, children co-workers and friends, as they are partners in our progress.
· Gratitude when expressed to others always comes back.
· We must record our ‘Thanks’. Normally we forget to thank others for the ‘Several Small Good Things’, which make life happy and joyous for us. Example-Thank the spouse for a good hot meal, thank your boss for his guidance and appreciation, thank your juniors for their support and good work etc.
(Many ideas have been taken from an article by Deborah Norville in The Readers Digest-Feb.’09 issue)
Ads by Google
The thrill is actually in the ‘Journey’ and not so much on reaching the ‘Destination’.
· The anticipation, planning, joys of small achievements and heartaches due to failures are all parts of a landscape we witness from a moving train-sometimes green and rosy, at other times barren and rocky.
· One always gives way to the other and we should therefore enjoy both.
· We shall enjoy the sweet smell of success only after the struggle. (sometimes even failures)
· Mahatma Gandhi laid greater stress on the ‘Means’ rather than the ‘End’ and rightly so.
· Let us not aim at achieving success through bluff and unfair means. If we want to move through life with our head held high, then let us take the straight but sometimes longer path. This will make the Journey immensely rich and amazing.
Positive thinking will enable us to ‘Enjoy the Process’, the Journey of life, with all its ups and downs.
For Positive Thinking to change our lives, it must become our predominant mind-set.