ROADMAP TO POSITIVE THINKING-PART-II-CHANGE
Acceptance and Understanding Ourselves, the Power of Prayer and Inspirations (getting inspired) have been the starting steps of our roadmap. Let us move forward positively.
WELCOME AND EMBRACE CHANGE
Overcome resistance to change, which is one of the major causes of irritation, uncertainty and our discomfort. This also generates negative thoughts, vibes and saps all our energy.
Do we want to draw comfort ONLY form the past and the old order? NO. We want to move forward.
Do we want to be called have-been and relics of the past? NO.
Do we want to be with it, in synch with the present world order, irrespective of our age or gender? YES.
Ads by Google
Then let us welcome change. We have to flow with the times but should not try to topple every sensible order of things.
- Change is the only Constant in life and we should whole-heartedly welcome today’s world order, which itself is dynamically changing.
- Change does appear somewhat scary at each stage of our life, e.g. when we move from the school to college to a job to another career option, when we leave our parents, when we have to get married etc.
- Don’t we all go through the above changes, even if with certain reservations? Yes. Why should we then have reservations about the current state of technology, or the competition or for that matter the kind of music, way of dressing etc. popular today?
- Let us not lament about ‘generation gap or disconnect’ (valid for both younger and older citizens). The famous actor Amitabh Bachhan says that he actually wants to dress like his son! So why not us also?
- India is a young country with 50% population under 25years of age. The young have tremendous exposure and are technology savvy. Both the age groups can learn and benefit form each other. Let us acknowledge it and multiply the knowledge.
- Respect elders for their love and experience and youth for their energy, passion and dynamism.
- Let us continuously re-invent ourselves.
- We should change for the better, to add value to ourselves and to our thinking. It also brings new challenges and hence excitement.
- Change brings FRESHNESS and new perspectives. We change the clothes on our body to change our MOOD. Likewise positive change in our thinking is like changing covers for our soul and is VERY UPLIFTING.
WHAT NOT TO CHANGE
While advocating change, we should understand that stability is important and familiarity is comforting. Let us NOT RUSH to change everything but take well reasoned decisions.
- Not to change the LIFE PARTNER, but to change our attitude towards each other for greater compatibility and harmony.
- Not to change our CORE VALUES imbibed from our parents, teachers, scriptures and the society.
- TRUTH is eternal. Emotion of LOVE is always profound. COMPASSION purifies the soul. HONESTY is a time-tested virtue, critical for our soul and self esteem.
Let us not attempt to change these and other bedrock foundations of our very being and the society.
> Let us not try to change the WORLD ORDER (unless some of us are true leaders or red-blooded crusaders)
> LET US NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE OTHERS, BUT ONLY TO CHANGE OURSELVES, i.e. OUR ATTITUDE.
> We should NOT attempt TRANSFORMATIONAL CHANGE and should note that INCREMENTAL CHNAGES will surely but steadily transform us.
A change in OUR MINDSET will remove many ingrained resistances form within us and allow the STREAM OF POSITIVE THOUGHTS to infuse our beings.
Ads by Google